The 2015 Synod Assembly passed a resolution (below) revising the current 10-conference structure to move toward a new structure with 24 clusters of geographically-close congregations and ministry agencies, eight conferences, and an open-ended number of networks defined by common interests and affinities.
The process and transition to the new conferences, clusters and networks has already begun. Congregations are now invited to discuss what it means to be church; clustered and conferences should gather in the coming weeks to draft bylaws and job descriptions for the Conference’s Deans and Chairperson. Please use the documents below to help in facilitating these important discussions and documents.
- Rethinking Conferences Resolution and Background Information (Passed by 2015 NW MN Synod Assembly; Contains Background Information.)
- Listing of Conferences and Clusters
- NWMN Synod Conference Map (Eight new conferences)
- Three Steps to Restructuring Conferences
- Claimed, Gathered, Sent (ELCA Bible Study Resource suggested for Congregational Conversations and Cluster Meetings)
- We Are Church Together (ELCA Video, suggested for Congregational Conversations and Cluster Meetings)
- Congregational Vitality and Sustainability Quick Check (ELCA Resource, Suggested for Congregational Conversations and Cluster Meetings)
- Conference Transition Team Responsibilities
- Conference Model Bylaws
- Conference Dean Model Ministry Description
- Conference Chairperson Model Ministry Description
- We Are Church Together Resource