Assistant to the Bishop for Servant Leadership
Office Phone: (218) 299-3019
Laurie’s primary focus is on raising up servant leaders for a missional church including discernment of gifts for ministry through a variety of means such as the ELCA candidacy process, the call process, and the School for Lay Ministry. She works with both rostered and lay leaders in strengthening their sense of call and further equipping them in their calls through educational offerings as well as lifting up other opportunities for their personal and professional growth. She is responsible for lifelong learning, uplifting rostered leaders in their calls and the ongoing support of rostered leaders through the coordination of the Theology for Ministry Conference and Synod Theological Day. She also works with First Call Theological Education (FCTE).
Laurie serves as the synod liaison to the rostered leaders, congregations, leadership, and call committees of Conferences 3, 5, and 7, serving them in a number of ways in our life together.
In addition to her primary focus areas Laurie also
- serves on the Synod Worship Committee;
- advises the committee on Synod Compensation Guidelines;
- facilitates conflict/reconciliation ministry through resources such as Bridge Builders, works with outside resources to aid congregations and individuals in crisis;
- helps uphold professional ethics in ministry for rostered leaders (including assisting the bishop with discipline processes, provides for Boundaries Training;
- serves as liaison to the Synod Women’s Organization (SWO);
- serves as liaison to Campus Ministry in NWMN