Ministry Partners for Me (abbreviated by the hashtag #MP4ME) is a special offering for the ten regional Partners in Ministry that our synod supports with prayer and funding through the annual synod budget.
#MP4ME encourages members of the synod to proclaim their deep sense of partnership with these 10 treasured ministry partners: “These truly are my partners in ministry, serving God’s mission in the world!”
- will help us to sustain these vital ministry partners in the context of a very tight synod budget for the current year.
- was authorized by Resolution #2 passed by the 2015 NW MN Synod Assembly and reaffirmed by the 2016 Synod Assembly.
- seeks to raise at least $35,000 for our ministry partners so that we can meet or even exceed the $203,000+ the synod budget shared with them last year.
From “bakeless bake sales” to convincing your pastor to dye his/her hair if your church meets its goal—be creative in raising this special offering! We’d love to hear and see what you do to raise funds – post pictures to Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #MP4ME!
Ready to Make a Gift?
- Make all checks payable to the Northwestern Minnesota Synod with #MP4ME in the memo line.
- An MP4ME Remittance Form must be completed. The account name and code are already provided under “Other Synod Ministry Gifts.”
- The check and remittance form should be mailed to: MIF Synod Financial Services, PO Box 31069, Chicago, IL 60631-0069.
- Offerings can be received any time between now and January 31, 2017.
- The synod will divide up offerings among all 10 of our synod’s ministry partners. “Ala carte” giving to only one or more of the 10 partners isn’t possible via #MP4ME.
- Congregations that make an offering to #MP4ME will be recognized at the 2017 Synod Assembly—June 9-10 at Concordia College in Moorhead.
- MP4ME 2016 Resources – Includes fundraising ideas, bulletin insert, and list of ministry partners
- Forward Together Brochure
Questions? Please contact John Bell, Communications and Events Coordinator