Dear Servants of Christ,
God’s grace and peace be with you all. We who serve you on the synod staff are pleased to provide the enclosed resources for use in your congregations in the weeks to come. Here’s what’s included:
- 2017 Bishop’s Annual Report (WORD) which many congregations include in their annual reports. Please route to: church secretary or whoever publishes your congregation’s annual report.
- Annual Meeting “Tip Sheet” for Congregational Presidents. Please route this resource to your congregational president as he or she prepares for your congregation’s annual meeting.
- Guidelines for Writing Synod Assembly Resolutions. Share these guidelines with anyone planning to submit a resolution for consideration at conference assemblies in February and March.
- 2018 Statement of Intent. After passing your 2018 budget at your annual meeting please mail your Statement of Intent to the NW MN Synod, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN 56562.
- 2018 Congregational Information Update. Please complete this form including contact information for your congregation, rostered minister(s), and congregational president. This form should be completed even if no information has changed.
- Equipping Congregations Days Flier. The success of our two Equipping Congregations events this year has fired our imaginations for another two events in 2018. Please share this “save the dates” flier with everyone—members, lay leaders, church staff and rostered ministers.
- Letter from the 2019 Bishop Transition Commission, regarding the Landscape survey that will be available online between January 11 and February 9, 2018 with all rostered ministers, lay church program staff (non-rostered), congregation council members and members of synodical leadership groups.
- Remittance Reminder card for congregational treasurers regarding how congregations submit mission support and other ELCA/synod designated gifts.
- Christmas Card. All of us on the synod staff wish you, your church staff, and your entire congregation a joyous and blessed celebration of our Savior’s birth!
Download all these resources at http://nwmnsynod.org/resources/annual-reports/. Some other reminders:
- Please submit your Annual Congregational Report to the Evangelical Lutheran Church before February 15, 2018. You can fill out this form at http://nwmnsynod.org/elca-parochial-report
Please share the following dates with congregational leaders and watch upcoming issues of Northern Lights (our synod e-letter) for details as they become available:
- Conference Assemblies will meet in February and March; check out the schedule at www.nwmnsynod.org/conferenceassemblies. Rostered ministers, congregational officers/council members, and folks in other local leadership roles are encouraged to participate.
- February 17 & 24: Equipping Congregations Days at First Lutheran Church – Bemidji (Feb. 17) and Bethlehem Lutheran Church – Fergus Falls (Feb. 24). These events will equip folks to engage with vital ministries in our congregations. Open to everyone—plan to bring a carload or two!
- June 8-9, 2018: NW MN Synod Assembly on the theme Reconciliation: Unbinding Hearts, will be held on the air-conditioned campus of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Moorhead.