Participants in 8,596 active congregational units are the heart of Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (WELCA). The organization carries out its partnership with this church through three mission areas-Growth, Community, and Action-providing for leadership development, growth in faith and witness, support of one another in community, and service and development projects and programs, locally and globally. Women of the ELCA is an incorporated, self-supporting organization that is managed within the policies of the ELCA. The churchwide triennial convention and the executive board conduct the business of the organization. Learn more on the WELCA website
Our Mission: To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Annual Fall Synodical Convention (Sept. 14-15, 2018 | Trinity of Detroit Lakes)
- National WELCA Triennial Gathering
- WELCA Spring Cluster Gatherings
- Lutheran World Relief Fall/Spring Quilt & Kit Drives (see below)
- SNOW Subscription Form
- WELCA Congregational Information Form
- WELCA Yearly Project Tally Form
- Young Women Grant Application Form Docx
- Annual Northwestern Minnesota Synodical Women’s Organization’s Scholarship Program for graduating seniors applying to ELCA Colleges. In 2016, 16 scholarships ($250 each were provided). The 2017 Scholarship Chair is Margaret Kragerud who can be contacted at 218-483-4923 or email (email@example.com). Applications are due May 1, 2017.
- October 16-20, 2017 – Lutheran World Relief collections – 314 27th St N, Fargo, ND.
- September 14-15, 2018 – Annual Fall Convention – Trinity Lutheran Church of Detroit Lakes, MN.