Trinity Lutheran Church – Crookston, MN
Seasonal church campground on Maple Lake south of Mentor, MN is looking for an individual or couple to provide management, maintenance, and hospitality. Position begins Friday of Memorial Day weekend and concludes on Labor Day Monday. Pay starts at $4000 for the summer and includes housing and utilities at the campground. Must work weekends. Full position description available on church website (trinitycrookston.org) or church office (205 S. Broadway, Crookston). Submit resume to Rev. Gregory Isaacson at email@example.com.
The TPSD provides management, maintenance, and communication concerning matters of Trinity Point.
Skills and Abilities:
- Hospitality skills related to receiving and relating to campers and guests.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills related to word processing and email capabilities.
- Bookkeeping skills for petty cash and various receipts.
- Ability to do physical work in context of grounds, cleaning, and shelter set up and tear down.
- Anticipate and communicate future needs.
- Ability to practice confidentiality and professional standards.
- Readily available for guests and campers Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Respond to all inquiries from the general public and campers.
- First point of contact for all day to day business.
- Communicate and uphold policies specified in the Trinity Point Manual.
- Collect all donations/fees related to Trinity Point.
- Maintain petty cash and account for all Trinity Point expenditures.
- Coordinate Sunday worship and special events.
- Attend Trinity Point Team meetings June – August to discuss operations and receive feedback regarding Trinity Point.
- Communicate and periodically attend staff meetings June – August.
Grounds and Facilities:
- Management of public areas, campsites, campers, and guests as to Trinity Point Manual.
- Maintenance and cleaning of public areas for use of guests and campers.
- Bath houses checked daily for pick-up, supplies, and garbage disposal.
- Bath houses cleaned Saturday, Sunday, and at least one other day per week.
- Mowing public areas before Friday (weather permitting).
- Clean Site Director’s cabin at end of season.
Position is under the immediate supervision of the Senior Pastor and will work in cooperation with the Property Management Team (PMT), Trinity Point Team (TPT), ministry staff, and is ultimately responsible to the congregational council. The Human Resources Team (HRT) will make annual review of performance and evaluate church needs and adjustments to the position. The HRT is available to assist with the resolution of issues pertaining to employment.
Position is considered full-time seasonal (mid-May to mid-September). Compensation is negotiable depending on education and experience. Summer residence is provided and director is expected to live at Trinity Point during summer season. Position will follow guidelines provided by the Trinity Point Manual and Trinity Lutheran Church’s Personnel Policy. Recommend a designated day-off from Monday through Thursday with flexibility given occasional exceptions.
Two weeks advance notice is requested for voluntary resignation.