Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator
Faith Lutheran Church, Staples MN
Full Time (1.0)
Youth and Family Ministries Coordinator
Faith Lutheran Church, Staples, MN
Faith Lutheran Church is a church in Staples, MN with a passion for serving the community. We are seeking a full time Youth and Family Ministry Coordinator to provide leadership and vision in our youth and family programs. All of our teachings and programs are consistent with the mission and core values of ELCA. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to:
Faith Lutheran Church
PO Box 236
Staples, MN 56479
You may visit faithlutheranstaples.com for more information about Faith Lutheran Church or the job description.
Develop and coordinate opportunities and goals for Christian growth and education for children, youth, and families of Faith Lutheran Church.
Faith Lutheran Church considers this a position for a non-ordained person seeking public service within the church. Conduct which enhances the Church’s reputation and is consistent with the faith and practice of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is expected. Should the employee be rostered by the ELCA, additional expectations as determined by the ELCA shall also be presumed. The employee must be aware of and support the practices and teachings of this congregation and be, or become an active member of Faith Lutheran Church.
It is desired that the Youth and Family Ministry Coordinator be:
• Committed to the importance of Christian education and interested in developing her/his own spiritual maturity and growth as well as that of others.
• Motivated and self-starting, able to work independently, as well as, cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Able to relate well to people of all ages, especially youth.
• Proficient in computer skills such as excel, word, web updating, and social media communication.
• Organized and able to plan and execute long-term as well as short-term projects with the help and cooperation of others.
Special consideration will be given to one who has background in one or more of the following areas: education, theology, Biblical studies, and/or communication. Experience working with youth in some capacity, such as camp counselor, teacher, or coach, is preferred.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate lay volunteers and train to support the ministry of Faith Lutheran Church.
• Build and nurture meaningful relationships with children, youth, and families.
• Plan a well-rounded program of Biblical knowledge, spiritual growth and mutual care and support among all ages.
• Nurture the involvement and leadership of youth in the ministry of the congregation
• Administer budgets for Youth and Parish Education Committees
• Secure and oversee curriculum, supplies and materials needed for the programs.
• Promote opportunities for Christian education for children, youth, and families.
• Maintain good communication with all youth and families
• Work with business manager to maintain and update information regarding volunteers background checks
• Maintain records and statistics for parochial reports.
• Write and submit an annual report to the congregation.
• Collaborate with office staff to update website, and social media sites as needed.
• Coordinate fund raising efforts with the Youth and Parish Education Committees for the youth program
• Promote and encourage participation in, and involvement with, our Youth and Family Ministry programs.
• Collaborate with pastor to provide support and referral for crisis care for youth and families in need
• Coordinate and promote shared ministry opportunities for the youth of Faith Lutheran and other youth of the community
• Plan and facilitate parent meetings as needed
• Develop relationship with youth and be available as needed to support, encourage and pray with individuals or groups
• Collaborate with music coordinator and volunteers to provide musical opportunities for youth for Sunday services and for Sunday school.
• Prepare weekly newsletter announcements
The Coordinator will be involved in and/or participate in the following activities or programs:
- Youth and Parish Education committee meetings
§ Bridges (grades 9-12 youth group)
§ Graduation recognition for seniors with luncheon and prayer hosted by juniors and their families
§ Annual servant/mission trips for and with youth groups
§ Crossroads (Grades 6-8 youth group)
§ Confirmation (grades 6-8 with Pastor and Parish Education committee)
§ Scheduling acolytes for each worship service
§ Synod and Church-wide youth gatherings
§ Sunday Worship Services
§ Sunday School (Pre K through grade 8)
§ First Communion Preparation with Pastor and Parish Education Committee
§ Sunday School Children’s Christmas program
§ Children’s led Christmas Eve family worship service
§ Vacation Bible School – coordinate teen and adult helpers
§ Bible Camp opportunities at Luther Crest
§ Encouraging participation of youth in worship through music, drama, reading, etc.
§ Plan and promote retreats and other spiritual growth activities
§ Adult and/or Family education programs to help meet congregational needs
- Report educational ministry activities to the Parish Education and Youth committees
• Meet weekly with the pastor and staff
• Attend Church Council meetings as needed
• Report to Personnel committee for annual performance review
• Meet regularly with and be supervised by the Senior Pastor
Compensation and Review
- Salary negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
• Full benefit package available including health insurance, retirement, and Paid time off.
• Daily office hours as agreed upon including Sundays (8:30 a.m. – noon); weekly staff meetings; and periodic evening meetings, classes, or other activities.
• Performance review annually.
• Compensation review annually.
Persons filling this position will submit to a criminal background check of sexual or criminal misconduct or abuse. Previous employers may be asked to provide references.
There will be a job performance review after the 3 month probationary/training time but within 6 months of hiring.
Application Due Date
Open Until Filled
Main Contact Name
Main Contact Email
Main Contact Phone Number